Spark Childcare Pre Employment Program – Info Session
March 6 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Belconnen Community Service Pre Employment Program provides training, work experience and employment pathways for careers in Early Education and Care.
SPARK Ginninderry, Canberra Institute of Technology and Belconnen Community Service proudly supports training and employment initiatives for local people. SPARK in partnership with Canberra Institute of Technology (RTO Code: 0101) and Belconnen Community Service are delivering a new and innovative accredited training program focusing on skills development, work experience and employment within the Early Childhood Education and Care sector. The information session will provide individuals with advice on eligibility criteria, program content and the commitment that is required to be selected as a participant on this program. It is mandatory that all individuals seeking to be on the program attend this session. This is a two-part session broken into:
1. An information presentation followed by
2. A selection session for eligible individuals.
Specifically targeting people living within Belconnen and the wider region, this program will:
- Provide participants with a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) upon successful completion
- Deliver a First Aid Certificate in Early Childhood Settings
- Provide industry specific training designed in partnership ith the Early Childhood Education and Care sector
- Provide real employment pathways within the Early Childhood Education and Care sector for participants who meet the criteria
- Provide industry based work placements within the Early Childhood Education and Care sector.
Commencing Monday 19 March 2018, this 6 month program, will run 4 days per week (Mon – Thurs, 30 hours per week) and be a combination of theory, and practical hands on learning
and industry work experience.
This program was made possible through Profile Funding – an ACT Government initiative. Project eligibility and subsidy criteria apply – if these are met, there will be limited costs to participants.