The Belconnen Community Centre was opened in 1987 to provide a community focal point for the residents of Belconnen. It also gives members of the community a safe and caring environment where they can meet people with common interests, make new friends and learn new skills. A broad range of activities and classes are available through the Community Centre. These include fitness classes, recreational activities, art classes, children’s programs, theatre programs, an art gallery and special events.
The Belconnen Community Centre is a program of Belconnen Community Service Inc., a community owned and managed incorporated association involved in the provision of a range of services for families and individuals living in the Belconnen Region and the ACT.
Our friendly reception is open from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday, however programs are often in operation before and well after reception hours including weekends.
Location: Swanson Court, Belconnen ACT (Opposite Belconnen Bus Interchange)
Contact us: Phone: (02) 6264 0232 Email: email@example.com
The Community Centre has a wide range of facilities available for hire including three rooms for meetings; a sports hall with badminton, volleyball and basketball facilities; an art room for painting, ceramics, sculpture and textiles; an art gallery for emerging artists; and a 145-seat theatre for the performing arts.
The Centre is open five days a week and access can be arranged for weekend activities.
General information about the meeting rooms:
- 3 multipurpose rooms. Suitable for meetings, relaxation, exercise classes, conferences, training & games. Available for hire seven days a week
- Tables and chairs are provided
- Male, female & accessible toilets are next to the rooms
- Each room has a small kitchenette providing an urn and mugs
The Community Theatre is centrally located in the Belconnen Community Centre on Swanson Court, opposite the Bus Interchange. There is a large parking area opposite the Theatre.
- The theatre has 145 seats and is air-conditioned and heated
- There is a bio-box for full lighting and sound control
- There are male and female dressing room facilities
- Theatre hire is inexpensive, providing wide community access
- The theatre is available for conference, performances & rehearsals
We are proud to offer a specially designed art room for community use in addition to a range of established arts programs including:
- Drawing and Painting
- Ceramics & Sculpture
- Djembe Drumming
- Crafty Creations
The gallery@bcs is dedicated to presenting work by local and emerging artists and arts groups to register your interest in exhibiting please download the application form here.
- Show your creativity to the community
- Art gallery is available for hire
- Focused on presenting work by local and emerging artists and arts groups
- Works on display for a minimum booking of 2 weeks to allow your work to be seen
Sports hall – A great place to quench your competitive juices, or just play for fun
- Volleyball court
- Basketball half court
- Badminton, two courts
- Male and female dressing rooms, toilets and showers are provided. A disabled toilet is also provided.
- Sports hall is available for hire seven days per week at very reasonable hiring rates.
Get fit and have fun at BCS Fitness
Providing the following fully supervised classes:
- Mature Weights
- Mature Fitness
- Healthy Body, Healthy Mind (for mental health clients only)
- Coming soon – Boxing for Fitness, Boot Camp
SHIFT Café is in the Community Centre, opposite the old Belconnen Bus Interchange. We have delicious cakes and muffins to complement our delicious coffee, as well as mouthwatering fresh lunches made from high quality produce. Shift Café proudly supports the growth and development of the community through social connection, and training and development opportunities for young people.
Why not treat yourself to a healthy breakfast, lunch or snack at SHIFT- the Community Cafe! It’s the perfect way to socialise after finishing your activities at the Community Centre.
We are open Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 2:00pm.