Bungee Youth Resilience Program
Bungee is an inclusive early intervention and preventive mental health service based on principles of active participation, socio/emotional learning and the therapeutic potential of the arts.
Bungee offers therapeutic support and a range of arts based programs in school and community settings. Our services are tailored to suit children and young people who are experiencing challenging times in their lives or are experiencing mild to moderate mental ill health.
Bungee activities are designed to build resilience in children and young people as well as enhance social skills and emotional health and well-being. Our aim is to support children and young people to learn and develop new artistic skills, much of the time modelling sustainable art practice by using recycled materials. Bungee classes are facilitated in a small, safe and supportive group setting. This gives a voice to children and young people to express themselves in a variety of ways, but particularly creatively.
Bungee offers support through:
- Creative after school classes
- Anxiety support or management program (Worry Busters)
- In-School programs (Term and Semester long)
- Individual support and parent support
Bungee activities are designed to:
- Increase self esteem
- Build resilience
- Lessen anxiety and extend social skills
- Develop skills in the arts such as music, drama and visual arts and crafts
- Instil a sense of mastery and achievement
For further information and bookings please contact the Bungee office:
Belconnen Community Service
PO Box 679
Belconnen ACT 2616
Phone: 02 6264 0200
Fax: 02 6253 2901