BCS and the NDIS
What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is an Australian Government initiative to provide a person centred support system giving people with disability choice and control. The NDIS commenced rollout in Canberra in July 2014 and should be completed by July 2016.
The NDIS will focus on removing many barriers that are faced by people living with disability and their families and carers. Belconnen Community Service is a registered NDIS service provider, and we fully support this imitative and is actively working to support positive inclusion for all people in our community. Our provider number is 74884339.
We will support you to achieve Your Goals, Your Way
Belconnen Community Service is committed to providing the highest quality of service and flexibility to meet your individual needs. As an National Disability Insurance Scheme service provider, we will work with you to achieve your goals, your way by:
- Support connection – not sure where to start with the NDIS? We can help you put a plan into action, from application to finding the right support for you,
- Providing greater flexibility, choice and control – you choose the services that are tailored to meet your needs,
- Increasing participation in your community – through our programs and services you will meet new people, make new friends and try new things
- Understanding and respecting your individuality.
If you would like more information on how we can work with you and your individual plan please call us on 02 6264 0200, email us or fill out the contact form below.
Some examples of the NDIS Services we provide are:
The following are simply examples of how BCS can help you under the NDIS. Get in touch for a customised approach on how we can meet your individual needs.
Individual Lifestyle Services
- Assisting you with life planning
- Assisting you with house and yard work to maintain your home
- Assisting you with attending appointments, shopping, general life activities
- Providing personal assistance at work or in educational settings
- Providing personal assistance in your home
Art, Recreation & Social Programs
- Personal training and fitness programs in our fully equipped gym
- Gym and exercise classes
- Personal assistance to access community, social and recreational events
- Art classes and activities and art therapy
- Social and personal development classes and activities
Skill Development Services
- Developing your independent living skills
- Developing your decision making, planning and budgeting skills
- Providing you with responsive and flexible transport options
- Providing you with training and support in using public transport
After School & Holiday Programs
- Provding after school & holiday programs including active sports, cooking, art & craft activities, and excursions
Want to find out more? Get in touch with our NDIS team here: