Free Event: Accommodation and support options for people with a disability
The Disability Information Support Hub at Oatley Court in Belconnen will be hosting “The Choosing My Accommodation Pathway” forum. This forum is a free event that aims to provide information about accommodation and support options for people with a disability. A light lunch will be provided giving participants and guests time to mingle and discuss issues relevant to the sector; the forum will focus on;
- Information on Housing Options Facilitation;
- An update on the National Disability Insurance Scheme;
- Personal stories from people with disability who have navigated an accommodation & support pathway;
- Information on Homeshare, a new option for accommodation from Community Connections;
- Information on Disability Trusts;
- Update from Housing ACT;
This forum will be held on Tuesday 26, February 2013. From 10:00am – 12:30 pm, at the Dish@Oatley, 60-62 Oatley Court Belconnen (Located at the top end of Oatley Court near the Basketball Stadium).
For further information please call the Disability ACT information service on 6207 1086 or email us at DisabilityACT@act.gov.au, or go to www.dhcs.act.gov.au/disability_act.