Exciting new free program ALIVE commences at BCS
Alive (About Living: Informing, Valuing, Educating) is an exciting program that is being run by our Community Care program in Kippax. The program will run over an 8 week period on a term by term basis and will suit men and women of all ages who feel they need to improve their skills and knowledge to support their independence.
ALIVE is aimed at providing participants with the skills and the knowledge to deal with issues relating to ageing or the loss of a loved one and the dramatic changes that can occur at this time. The ALIVE program will support participants and provide the answers to a lot of these questions and concerns in a relaxed group setting by providing social contacts, information sharing and opportunities for learning. This program is for you if you are interested in:
- Enhancing your physical and mental wellbeing; or
- Meeting other people in the community and reducing your risk of social isolation; or
- Learning more about services that you can access.
Ideas for topics in the ALIVE program include:
- Getting an ACAT
- Increasing service support – what are the options?
- Financial management
- Safety and security
- Cooking for one
- Grief and loss
- Moving from the family home – how to manage downsizing
- Understanding the internet – bill paying, online shopping, social media
- Update on new Government initiatives e.g. toilet replacement scheme; previously solar panels; energy efficiency etc.
The program will be running on the following dates from 10:30AM to 1:30PM
- 7th March 2013
- 14th March 2013
- 21st March 2013
- 28th March 2013
The program classes will take place in Belconnen Community Service’s office in the Kippax Health Centre, Kippax Place (behind Kippax Fair Shopping Centre).
Joining the ALIVE program is simple … just call the BCS Information and Referral team on 6264 0200 and answer a couple of short questions so we can confirm your eligibility. Don’t forget, if you are keen to come along but transport is an issue, make sure you mention it when you call we may be able to help get you there.